Why should trail mixes be only for the ones who seek outdoor adventures? At #FitdayEveryday we believe that delicious snacks should have no boundaries, and a few treks up and down the staircase deserves an equal measure of regard!
The #FitKitchen brings you the in-house version of the popular trail mixes, to be enjoyed when you take a break from the everyday chores and the treks around the house. This #FitRecipe is made with fox nuts and almonds with a hint of sweetness and aroma of cinnamon goodness. It makes our #FitKitchen a perfect hangout spot and we can’t wait to hear how many folks it attracted to your homes! Give the Staircase trail mix a shot and let us know what you think!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups Fox nuts (Phool Makhana)
- ½ cup Sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup Pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup Jaggery, grated or crushed
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- ½ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tbsp Honey (optional)
- In a deep bottomed pan, dry roast the almonds until they are aromatic and set aside
- In the same pan, dry roast the Fox nuts until they turn crisp and set aside
- Dry roast the Sunflower and the Pumpkin seeds and set the mix aside
- In the deep bottomed pan heat 1 tbsp. ghee
- Add the almonds, fox nuts, and the seeds to the pan
- Add the jaggery and stir the mix
- The mixture gets sticky as the jaggery is melting- keep stirring the mix until all the ingredients are coated with the jaggery
- Take the mix off the flame and spread the mix on a greased plate or a tray
- Sprinkle the pink salt and add a drizzle of honey (optional), as the mix is cooling on the tray
- Once completely cooled, the mix can be stored in an air tight container and is ready to share and enjoy!
[product title="Recommended Products" limit="6" cols="2" cols_mb="4" cols_xs="6" pagination="view-all" layout="layout1" handle_collection="staircase-trail-mix" style="" vendors="true" countdown="false" countdown_style="dark" equal="true" size="nt_contain" ratio="ratio1_1" position="8" ]
Note: This recipe was adapted from Archana’s Kitchen: https://www.archanaskitchen.com/makhana-badam-mixture-recipe-healthy-snack-trail-mix