Coffee lovers, we have heard you, and here is our response: a healthy smoothie with a shot of coffee! This #FitRecipe was born out of all the feedback and questions we received over our #FitBlog (told ya, we read Everything!).
Our #FitKitchen is excited to bring you this delicious and energizing smoothie, with the yumminess of peanut butter balanced by notes of coffee. This #FitRecipe can be customized by using flavored coffee and has a Lot of room for experimenting to find your ideal concoction.
Drink it ice-cold, cold, or just at room temperature. This #FitRecipe is our way of saying thanks to getting on board and making Nutrition and health delicious, along with Fitday.
And don’t forget to leave us a note. We read them all!
Ingredients list: (Serves 1 person)
- 1 cup milk (chilled or at room temp)
- ½ large banana
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. Honey (optional)
- 3 tbsp. Brewed coffee (instant coffee brewed and cooled) or Caffeine shots
- Sea salt, a pinch or few flakes (optional)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a blender add the milk, banana, and the peanut butter and give it a quick whirr
- To this mixture add honey, the brewed coffee or Caffeine shots, as per your taste, and blend the mixture till all ingredients have combined well
- Pour into a tall glass and add a pinch of salt and cinnamon to enhance the flavor notes
- Enjoy as a snack or a drink to-go!
Note: This recipe was adapted from the recipe by the HiLine Coffee Company