Could laddoos be eaten guilt free?
Most of us, if not all, have a nurtured sweet tooth. Sugar is a flavor that manages to sweeten our palettes and our moods. Alas, while we would love to have more of this good stuff, too much of sugar is detrimental to our health. But what if there is a healthier way to nurture that sweet tooth and energize ourselves?
The #FitKitchen decided to rummage through our cupboards and find everyday ingredients to make high energy laddoos; sweet and healthy in every bite! We are delighted to bring you this #FitRecipe, Moringa laddoos, where every bite is packed with the power of the super food, Moringa, Vitamins and Minerals from the seeds, and gently sweetened with natural ingredients.
Have one to begin your day with a mouthful of wholesome health. You can also help us learn about your taste - leave us a note about your experience for us to include different recipes. We read Everything!
Ingredients list: (Serves 4-5 people) :
- 1.5 tbsp. Moringa leaf powder
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder (dalchini powder), adjust as per taste preference
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- In a blender jar, grind the seeds and the Moringa leaf powder into a coarse mixture
- Add cinnamon powder and give it another pulse in the blender
- To this coarse mixture, add raisins and the vanilla extract. Grind the mixture again, until all ingredients are completely incorporated
- Pour the mixture out onto a plate and spread it out
- Roll the mixture into 2.5-inch laddoos
- The laddoos can be enjoyed immediately or they can be stored in an air-tight container and in the refrigerator
Note: These recipes were adapted from the original by: