Anything tastes better when chocolate is involved in the mix. As such, your search for a recipe that combines the healthy fats (organic cold-pressed coconut oil), protein (peanuts), natural sweetener (honey), and the irresistible chocolate (organic cocoa) comes to fruition. The #FitKitchen can’t wait to share this sweet delight with you; ensuring every household stays #FitdayEveryday!
Super easy to make yourself or have your little ones join in to help, our #FitRecipe has all these ingredients and are sure to make your taste buds feel like they have Gone nuts’ about Coconut-Peanut cups!
Ingredients list: (Makes 10 – 12 mini-cups) :
- 1 and ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 and ½ cup peanut butter (unsalted)
- 6 tbsp (leveled) cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp honey
- A pinch of pink salt or sea salt
- Grease the mini muffin cups lightly with butter, and set them aside
- To the melted coconut oil (at room temp), add the cocoa powder and mix well
- To the above mixture, add peanut butter in increments of ¼ cup at a time, while mixing the ingredients well
- Add a pinch of sea salt and 4 tbsp honey to the mix, and stir the mixture to incorporate all the ingredients in the mix
- Scoop the mix out into the greased mini-muffin cups and level the top with the back of a spoon
- Drizzle honey and sea salt on top (optional)
- Refrigerate the cups for about 2 hr or until they have set
- Enjoy the chocolaty goodness and Go nuts’ about the Coconut-Peanut cups!
- You can use crunchy peanut butter or regular peanut butter for this recipe
- If using salted peanut butter, skip the step of adding salt
- You can use Almond butter instead of peanut butter
- You can adjust the amount of honey, based on your taste preferences
This recipe was adapted from the original by IK