Caught in the myriad of to-do items, cooking and eating a complete home-cooked meal on a daily basis isn’t always possible to achieve. Therefore, #FitKitchen brings you a fiber-rich and nutritious substitute to dal which helps satiate cravings in a jiffy! Our Flaxed-out podi recipe is a quick fix for a quick meal after a long day of work when one just wants to get home and eat some good old home-cooked food that fills your heart and soothes your soul. Give this #FitRecipe a shot for it’s bound to find a spot in your heart.
Ingredients list: (Serves 4 people)
- ½ cup roasted chana dal
- ½ cup roasted urad dal
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup peanuts
- 5 – 8 red chilies, broken
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. hing (asafoetida)
- 5 – 6 pods of garlic
- 2 – 3 tbsp. Ghee
- Salt to taste
- In a deep bottomed pan heat 1 tbsp. ghee and lightly roast the flax seeds, on low heat to not burn the seeds. Remove the flax seeds from the flame, after roasting, and set aside to cool.
- In the same pan lightly roast the peanuts till they smell fragrant and turn light brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To the same pan add another 1 tbsp of ghee, and fry the red chilies, hing, garlic and cumin till done. Set aside to cool.
- Grind the cooled peanuts, flax seeds, salt and ½ of the red chili, cumin, and garlic mix to a powder.
- Grind the roasted chana dal and urad dal with the other ½ of the red chili, cumin, and garlic mix to a powder.
- Mix the two powders and adjust the salt to taste. You can grind the entire mix together to better combine the ingredients; it’s completely optional.
- Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy with rice, rotis, upma, idlys, vada, dosas as a healthy and tasty Flaxed-out podi!
[product title="Recommended Products for Flaxed out Podi" limit="4" cols="4" autoplay="true" autoplaySpeed="6000" infinite="false" arrows="true" dots="true" 1024="3" 600="2" 480="2" pagination="" layout="layout2" handle_collection="flax-podi" style="" vendors="true" countdown="false" countdown_style="dark" equal="false" size="nt_contain" ratio="ratio_nt" position="8" ]