Ever wondered how you could enjoy a refreshing drink in this summer heat and also get a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals, along with a serving, of protein sans the calories? Well, we have a delectable surprise for you!
Our #FitKitchen is delighted to bring you this superfood energy mocktail that is healthy, as much as it is refreshing. A perfect companion while watching the sunset, or a James Bond movie, or while one is out on a picnic. This soul cooling #FitRecipe with the superfood Alfalfa is sure to become one of your favorite summer drinks. Give it a shake, you won’t be sorry!
Ingredients list: (Serves 4 people)
- Juice of 3 limes
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Alfalfa powder (or 1 cup fresh Alfalfa leaves)
- 1 L water, cold
- Ice cubes
- 2 tbsp salt
- Cumin powder as topping (optional)
- Mix the sugar into the cold water until it dissolves
- Take 1 cup of this sweetened water and pour it into the blender. Add the Alfalfa powder, lime juice and salt to the blender and give it a whir till all ingredients are blended
- Pour this blended mixture into the pitcher of sweetened water. Give it a good shake to mix the ingredients
- Sprinkle cumin powder on top as a garnish
- Serve in a martini glass coated with salt, for a 007 effect!